Italy has so much to offer to Internet users. It boasts a huge collection of classic movies, TV shows, music, sports broadcasts, etc. All this content can be yours if you live in Italy. Don’t worry, you don’t need to move anywhere. All you have to do is to get an Italian IP address. In this post, we will show you how to do it, so let’s get started.
Why Would You Need an Italian IP Address?
An Italian IP address is a way to pretend that you live in Italy when using websites and Internet services. You will especially need it if you spend a lot of time outside Italy. It will benefit foreigners as well. Here is a shortlist of reasons to change your IP address to Italy:
- Access geo-restricted services from abroad. Your attempts to watch Sky Italia, RAI Sport, La7, and other networks in a foreign country will fall short because of geo-blocking. However, an Italian IP address will make online TV services think you are in Italy so your access won’t be denied.
- Use financial accounts from overseas. Banking software doesn’t implement geo-blocking but it may suspend your account if it detects a foreign IP address. An Italian IP will ensure that you have no issues with logging in.
- Benefit from local pricing. Italia is a great destination to spend your vacation. Many hotels have a habit to charge foreigners more than locals. Luckily, you can get yourself some nice bargains if Italian booking services think you are a fellow countryman.
The Best Ways to Change Your IP Address
There are two simple solutions to mask your virtual location. Each has its own unique benefits. Let’s take a closer look at these methods:
Using a VPN (Recommended Method)
Your IP address is from a particular country because your traffic gets though your ISP’s servers nearby your location. It is servers that are responsible for assigning IPs. When you activate a VPN on your device, it redirects your traffic through its own servers in a chosen country. If you choose a server in Italy, a VPN will give you an Italian IP address.
Alongside with masking your real location, VPNs also encrypt your traffic. You’ll benefit from encryption when using public Wi-Fi, exchanging confidential data with other Internet users, entering your logins and passwords, using online banking, and paying for goods and services over the Internet.
Premium VPNs always add new servers to their networks and implement cutting-edge techniques to overcome geo-restrictions and country-level firewalls. This is why they are the best tools to protect your online privacy and access geo-blocked services.
Using a Proxy Server
Proxies also route user traffic through their servers but they don’t make use of encryption. You can’t rely on a proxy to protect sensitive activities. Proxies are no good for bypassing firewalls and regional lockouts either. On the other hand, proxies are a little bit faster than VPNs. You can opt for those for anonymous torrenting and general browsing.
Things to Consider When Choosing a VPN
When we say a VPN, we mean a plethora of various services. All of them implement the same tunnel-building technology but their quality and features may differ significantly. You need to take a few factors into account before subscribing to any VPN service:
- The presence of Italian servers in the network;
- Affordable prices;
- Lightning-fast connection speed;
- User-friendly apps available for any device you may want to use;
- Ability to get past geo-restrictions;
- P2P traffic allowed;
- Customer support available day and night.
Without any of these features, you won’t be able to enjoy your Internet experience to the fullest. If you want to know which providers supply this functionality but don’t want to spend your time on long-hours searches, you’ve come to the right place. Our experts have studied a multitude of providers to determine the ones suited for your needs. So, without further ado here are the best VPNs for Italian IP addresses:
Here’s How to Get an Italian IP Address with a VPN
VPNs are really easy to use. Just follow the instructions below to get started:
- Choose one of the VPNs from our top list and create an account with it.
- Download and Install the VPN client for your device.
- Log in using your credentials and connect to one of the servers in Italy.
- Voila, now you have an Italian IP Address.
You can make sure that your IP is successfully changed by visiting this website.
Can Free VPNs Deliver IP Addresses in Italy?
Although Italy is not the most popular location to install VPN servers, you are likely to find a couple of free VPNs with Italian IPs. However, the question is how usable these services are. If you need a VPN to watch video streams or download torrents, you will be extremely disappointed. It is because free VPNs are very slow, they limit bandwidth, and block p2p traffic. Plus, they fail to bypass geo-restrictions of major streaming platforms such as Netflix.
Also, you should think about your security. It is known for sure that 99% of free VPNs log user activities and then sell this data to the third parties. Worse still, their apps may contain malware and your traffic might be secretly used for fraudulent activities (DDoS attacks, for instance). So, unless it is a matter of life and death, stay out of free VPNs.
If you require an Italian IP address that comes with security and anonymity, a VPN is the best solution. If you just want to browse the web incognito without any protection, an Italian proxy will do. However, never install free VPNs on your device since they are harmful to your privacy.