What is a VPN? A Virtual Private Network is a service that allows safe and private access to the web through a secure server connection that keeps your online actions hidden. VPNs have gained so much popularity over recent years that the market value is estimated to reach $35.73 billion by 2022. So now, it’s more on finding the best VPN for multiple devices to ensure getting the most value.
The Best VPNs for Multiple Devices
Most people use VPNs to access restricted content and maintain their anonymity while browsing the web. 42% of users access content daily using mobile devices compared to only 35% who use computers. But if you’re one of those who wants to use a VPN for multiple devices, here are three of your best options:
There are three things that IPVanish is most known for: security, speed and the highest standard of privacy. This US-based VPN provider passes all the requirements of a good VPN and has been receiving praises from serious Kodi users and torrenters.
- 10 simultaneous connections from multiple devices
- Apps for all major operating systems.
- Easy access to Kodi’s features without the need for too much typing.
- Torrenting is allowed on all servers while keeping your connections secure.
- There is an optional kill switch, built-in IPv6 and DNS leak protection systems.
- No recording of your IP address, usage logs, traffic and anything related to your online activity takes place.
- 24/7 Customer Support
- High Cost
- US Based
- 7-Day refund policy.
IPVanish offers subscription plans for a month, three months and a full year. Additionally, if you don’t like the service, these plans come with a seven-day money back guarantee.
Having been in the VPN business for the past ten years, Panama-based NordVPN has managed to put several power-packed features into an easy-to-use package that’s not heavy on the budget.
With NordVPN, you don’t just get to connect to a VPN at your preferred location; you also get to choose a VPN based on your usage—whether it’s to maintain privacy while browsing or streaming Netflix with ease.
- 6 connections to multiple devices at one time.
- With a one-year plan, you’ll pay very little per device per month, which means huge savings.
- The ability to access Geo-restricted content in China.
- 5,200+ servers in 60 countries
- Apps for all major operating systems
- Live-Chat Support
- Offers 256-bit protection and double VPN encryption in place making it one of the most secured VPNs out there.
- Some of NordVPN’s servers may be marginally slower, which can affect your browsing experience.
For its full-packed features, NordVPN offers one of the most affordable packages for VPNs on the market today. That gives you real value for your money. Plus, all its plans come with a 30-day money back guarantee, perfect, if you’re not satisfied with the service.
ExpressVPN ranks number one in the VPN industry, and for a good reason. Being a one-size-fits-all VPN provider, you get everything you will ever need while enjoying the highest levels of privacy and security.
- 3 simultaneous connections
- Tops the list for high-speed streaming
- 3,000+ ultra-fast VPN servers spread across 160 cities and 94 countries.
- Combines reliability, privacy, and speed with power-packed features
- Lets you unblock every major streaming service that you can think of—from cult favorite Netflix to Amazon Prime Video.
- Offers utmost privacy by not keeping any logs of your activity
- Military grade encryption, leak protection, and a kill switch to ensure that no one traces your online activity.
- No download or bandwidth limits so you can enjoy your browsing experience whenever and however you want.
- There really are no downsides to ExpressVPN’s service because it covers everything that you need.
ExpressVPN’s subscription prices may be a bit higher than other VPN service providers, but its full-packed features. In fact, there are more than enough to cover what you’re paying for. Aside from its reliable 24/7-customer support, it also offers a 30-day money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with your plan.
So, Why Choose a Paid VPN?
The next question for any new VPN user would be, why choose paid over free VPN?
The answer is pretty simple: you get what you pay for. Free VPNs allow anonymity when browsing the web and they require little to no information when signing up. However, compared to their paid for counterparts there are serious drawbacks!
When it comes to security, nothing is more reliable than a paid VPN service. While free providers may offer you a PPTP connection, paid VPN services allow for more options like OpenVPN, L2TP or IPsec connections.
A paid VPN subscription also gives you 256-bit data encryption for extra security. Plus, you can guarantee that you’re browsing the web privately since (many) paid VPN providers don’t keep logs of your online activity. Furthermore, there’s military-grade encryption, so no website will ever be able to trace you or your whereabouts.
Of course, there is speed, which is very important when streaming or browsing. Unfortunately, with free VPNs, you share finite resources with multiple users which affect speed and security.
However, with a paid subscription you gain access to thousands of servers in sometimes thousands of locations. Which means you’ll have plenty of additional servers to pick from if one slows or goes down.
Access Via Multiple Devices
If you have multiple devices or want your family to browse and stream securely, a paid VPN is the answer! Not only do they offer increased security. But also compatibility, meaning that whether you’re a Mac, Windows, Android, Ios or another platform user, there’s an option!
At the end of the day, spending on a paid VPN service removes the risks and frustrations often experienced by users of free VPN providers. With the value that the best VPNs for multiple devices provide such as NordVPN, IPVanish, and ExpressVPN, you’ll surely get what you pay for—and more.