Apple TV is a relatively modern multimedia device that is designed to help people watch content through their computers or any other iOS device they have. You can also use Apple TV to watch online stuff on Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Youtube. Getting the best VPN for Apple TV offers a variety of advantages. To start with, there is so much content out there that is geographically restricted. This means that in order for you to access it, you have to be in the US. Well, if you are on vacation somewhere else and you want to catch on your favorite shows, you may have to wait. Using the VPN for Apple TV will, however, allow you to solve this problem quite easily.
Apple TV was first launched back in 2006 and since then a lot has changed. Now, the TVs are in their fourth generation, and to be fair, the kind of power and features you get is outstanding. The 4th generation Apple TV, for instance, runs on an A8 Chip with 64-bit architecture. The Apple TV has sold millions of units and as more and more features are added each year, more will buy.
The Best VPNs for Apple TV
- Our Review
- 2785 Votes
- No Logs!
- Streaming and Download Unlimited!
- 750 servers in 141 Countries
- Connect up to 5 devices
- 7 Days money back guarantee!
- 24/7 Live Chat Support
- $5.98 / month
- 3168 Votes
- No Logs - Ultra Secure!
- Unlimited bandwidth!
- 1013 servers in 59 Countries
- Connect up to 6 devices
- 30 Days money back guarantee!
- 24/7 Live Chat Support
- $5.75 / month
How to Connect an Apple TV with a VPN using a Flashed Router
Flashing a router is not something that simple but you can still do it. However, if you feel this is too much work for you, you will be glad to know that you can actually buy a pre-flashed router so that you won’t have to go through this process. Flashrouters are one of the most popular examples of pre-flashed routers out there.
The biggest benefit you are going to get with a flashed router is the simple fact that it can automatically use the VPN regardless of the devices you have connected to the Wi-Fi network. In addition to this, once the router is connected to the VPN, you won’t need to worry about the privacy of other devices. As long as you are connecting to the internet using the same router, you will be protected. Flashing a router is possible and you can use two softwares. The first on is known as DD-WRT and the other one is Tomato.
- In case you decide to use DD-WRT, there are some routers which may not be compatible. The list of all routers compatible with the software are listed here and also a guide on how you can actually do this. Using the software to flash your router will then enable you to connect to a VPN and use the same net now from your router to connect your Apple TV.
- In case you will use Tomato, the process of flashing the router may be a little different but all the same easy. To know if your device is compatible just click here. And, of course, if you are looking for additional information or a guide on how to get this done, you can get all the information you need on this website. Once your router is flashed, you can use a VPN to access any content online.
Getting a US iTunes Account
Once you have managed to set up your Apple TV with the VPN, you will need to do a few more things in order to get the full experience. The first thing you need to do is to create a US iTunes account. You will need a US Gmail address to do this. Once you have set up the iTunes Account, you must also set up a US validated payment method.
Here is the trick you can use in order to register your credit card as a US verified payment method:
- Instead of using the letters in your postcode, use digits. For example if your postcode is BS4 4DR, don’t key in the letters, only the numbers. You will have 45
- Add the zeros to the numbers you have until you get five digits. For example here you will have 45000
- Make sure the zip code you now have is valid here
- If the zip code is not valid, keep adding digits at the end until it is. For example 45001, 45002 etc.
Final Thoughts on the Best VPN for Apple TV
The idea that you can access all the entertainment content out there is now possible all thanks to the best VPNs for Apple TV. In case you are yet to sign up for a VPN service, do so today and see how your world of entertainment will change for good.