Privacy has become a patient issue for many internet users around the world. As much as the internet has brought with it a lot of important things, the fact that you could be tracked online without your knowledge raises many concerns. The rate of spying and surveillance through the internet has been rising at an alarming rate. Even though many solutions on how to browse the internet anonymously have already been brought forward as a means of dealing with the issue, so far it seems that the level of exposure still remains.
Tracking someone is easy these days. Your web traffic is linked to your device, and of course, your device is linked to you. As long as someone tracks your device then they can easily track you. And it’s really a big worry if you sit down and think about it. A lot of people do a lot of things online. Some things are private and some are not but the fact that someone could actually be watching what you are doing is creepy. The internet has many users but make no mistake; there are enough resources out there to track each and every one online.
How Is Your Web Activity Tracked Back To You?
The biggest question that many people ask is indeed how exactly tracking is done. Well, your IP address is your Achilles heel. The IP is a unique identification number that helps you access content online. The content you access using your IP is logged and can be traced back to your device. Even though the IP was initially designed to help you surf the internet better, nowadays the IP is used to track website activity, restrict the kind of content you can access online, and also monitor what you do online. The only way you can be safe online is if you mask your IP and a VPN can help you do this quite easily.
How Does A VPN Work?
A VPN is basically a subscription service that is designed to give users the opportunity to hide or mask their IP as they search for things online. With a VPN, you can actually choose the IP you want from a different country. This will ensure your own IP and your device is hidden from the monitoring robots online. You can also use the VPN to access blocked content and stream live events that may not be available in your country.
Here is how it works:
- Start by finding the right VPN service provider and sign up for the service
- Download the app or the software needed and install them in your computer or mobile phone
- Open the installed software, choose a server location, and click connect
- From now own, your IP will be hidden and no one will be able to track it
- A VPN also offers additional data encryption, making it impossible for anyone to crack your web traffic
What do You look for in VPN Services?
The factors that you need to consider when you are picking out a VPN are extremely basic and it should be easy to get this done.
Here are some of these features:
- Bandwidth – The bandwidth refers to the data transfer limits imposed by the VPN provider. The higher the limits, the higher the cost will be.
- Multiple connections – A good VPN service should allow you the opportunity to connect multiple devices to ensure you are well covered
- Encryption – The encryption of data is by far one of the most important security measures. The VPN provider should guarantee top encryption to ensure nothing goes wrong.
- Other issues to consider include the cost, system compatibility, and the available servers. In the end, you need to make sure you are picking a reliable low-cost VPN service that offers more servers, better encryption, and outstanding compatibility with the kind of device you already have.
How to be Anonymous Online: Conclusion
The idea of staying anonymous while you surf the internet is becoming extremely popular for many people. The use of VPNs is a great choice for people asking how to browse the internet anonymously. In case you have questions or comments feel free to get in touch with us anytime.